Kodi is an open-source media center to stream movies, TV shows, sports, news, etc., on a wide range of devices. You can easily use it to organize all your personal media files. Kodi is an ideal entertainment hub with endless features like addons, skins, community support, etc. PlayStation are most often used as a home gaming console. Further, you can use the PS3 or PS4 as the media center tool. In addition to playing games, PlayStation consoles supports streaming videos as well.
Although Kodi is accessible from a wide range of devices, it still lacks the official support on the PlayStation. In other words, Kodi for PS4/PS3 isn’t available. So, you should better opt for the Kodi for PS3 and PS4 alternative.
Note: The official version of Kodi doesn’t have any content. i.e., you must provide your own content from any storage or media carrier to play and organize it using the Kodi app.
Is Kodi for PS4 and PS3 Available?
No. As of now, Kodi app for PS3/PS4 isn’t available officially. The developers are still working on it hard to bring you Kodi experience on PlayStation. The security measures on PS consoles are tight. So, you cannot install or sideload Kodi on PS3. The only way to access the Kodi PS4/PS3 is to wait for its official launch.
Kodi for PS4 and PS3 – Alternatives
Although PlayStation consoles supports a larger number of streaming services, Kodi is still an exception. So, we recommend you to choose either of the apps like Kodi for PlayStation 3/PlayStation 4 from below.
Plex is a media player app and is bundled with the same features as like Kodi. It is a Kodi alternative for the following reason.
- It lets you organize and stream your personal collection of movies, TV, music, photos, etc.
- With the Plex Pass, you can stream and record over the air live contents, TV shows, web shows, news, etc.
- Listen to songs and podcasts or your own music collection any time.
- The database will be updated frequently. So, you can stay up-to-date with all the latest shows, movies, etc.
- It will give you personalized recommendations to discover video contents.
2. Universal Media Server
You can opt for Universal Media Server as Kodi alternative to organize media files on PS 3/PS4. Other notable features of Universal Media Server includes
- It is a DLNA compliant media server that will let you stream videos, audio, and images.
- Without any configuration, Universal Media Server will transcode different media files.
- It features an intuitive user-interface. So, you can navigate or access it easier than any other media server.
Kodi is also available for
- Kodi for Android Phone/ Tablet Download [New Version]
- How to Install Kodi on Kindle Fire Tablet [Easy Method]
- How to Install a VPN for Kodi [2021 Kodi VPN Guide]
- How to stream Kodi to Chromecast [Android/ PC]
- How to Install Kodi on Xbox 360 and Xbox One 
- How to install Kodi on Nvidia Shield TV 2021
- How to Install Kodi for Apple TV [All Generations]
- Kodi for PC/ Laptop Windows XP,7,8/8.1,10 – 32/64 bit
- How to Install Kodi on Roku TV [Guide 2021]
- How to Install Kodi on Raspberry Pi 2021 [Guide]
Hope the Kodi for PS4 and PS3 alternatives are useful to you. Have any suggestions or queries to share with us? Then comment us below.