Plex is a famed media player to let you enjoy multimedia content on a variety of devices. So, accessing it on the Now TV box isn’t that complex if you follow the procedure of this article. It is an ideal solution if you have lots of locally stored files like music, movies, or TV shows. You can use Plex on Now TV as a central hub efficiently to access all the media files of any format. Unlike Kodi, Plex isn’t open-source, yet it is easy to set up and use. With Plex for Now TV Box, you can stream online videos from different channels like BBC, Sky channels, CBS, etc. In addition to streaming, you can use the Plex app even to save and organize media files on your device.
While Plex is free, Plex Pass is a premium package with extra features like Plex Cloud, parental controls, DVR storage, offline access, live TV, etc. Further, you can use Plex as a cord cutter as it supports watching over-the-air channels in your region.
Note: Make sure you have installed Plex Media Server on your PC just before installing the Plex client app on the Now TV box.
Steps to Install Plex on Now TV Box
To download Plex for Now TV Stick, you can follow the instructions given below.
- Register for a free Now TV account.
- Connect and configure Now TV.
- Turn on the Developer Mode.
Step 1: At first, press the buttons in the correct order on your Now TV remote.
i.e., Press Home, Home, Home, Up, Up, Right, Left, Right, Left, and Right without taking much time.
Step 2: Now, note the IP address and username shown on the TV.
Step 3: Further, choose Enable Installer and Restart option.
Step 4: When prompted, click the I Agree option to proceed.
Step 5: Provide your web server password. After that, reboot your TV.
Step 6: On your Windows PC, download the Plex Client app.
Step 7: Open your desktop browser and type the IP address that you have noted down in Step 2.
Step 8: Now, provide the webserver username and the associated password.
Step 9: Select the Browse option. Go to the folder in which you have saved the Plex client-server zip file.
Step 10: Just click on the file to let the Plex app install on your PC.
Step 11: Meanwhile, your Now TV screen will refresh and show you the Plex interface automatically.
Plex is also available for
- How to Install Plex for Apple TV and Watch [Guide]
- Plex Apk for Android Download [Latest Version 2022]
- How to Stream Plex on WebOS [LG Smart TV 2022]
- How to Install Plex on Linux/Ubuntu [Complete Setup]
- How to Install Plex on Android TV [Complete Guide]
- How to Stream Plex on Kindle Fire [Workable Method]
- How to Stream Plex on Xbox One/ Xbox 360
- How to Stream YouTube on Plex [using Plugin 2022]
- How to Update Plex App [New Version 2022]
- Plex for PC/Laptop Windows XP, 7, 8/8.1, 10 – 32/64 bit
Watch free over the air broadcasts in high definition with Plex Now TV Box.