Plex is a subscription-based media center tool to stream and organize your multimedia files. It can handle all your movies, music, shows, web series, podcasts, etc. It supports lots of online services, and YouTube is one among them. The Plex app supports lots of channels by including third-party channels as plugins. So, you can use YouTube on Plex and thereby stay tuned with the trending videos, music, and more other entertainment contents. Therefore, it is possible to browse and stream the YouTube contents on Plex upon using your same YouTube account login credentials. So, you will get access to your YouTube playlist, subscribed videos, etc., from within the Plex app.
Get Plex Pass as it lets you sync your YouTube contents across the devices. So, you can stream a YouTube video on your PC and continue it on any other device with Plex Youtube Plugin. Get into the article to know about installing YouTube on Plex media server in detail.
How to Install YouTube on Plex
The instructions given below will help you install the YouTube app on Plex.
Get WebTools.bundle from GitHub. Click on the link here to get the WebTools.bundle.zip and extract it on PC as WebTools.bundle. To move the file, you should find the Plug-ins folder in the following directory.
- Windows PC – %LOCALAPPDATA%\Plex Media Server\Plug-ins
- Mac OS X – ~/Library/Application Support/Plex Media Server/Plug-ins
- Linux – $PLEX_HOME/Library/Application Support/Plex Media Server/Plug-ins
- NAS devices – Go to Plug-ins directory in the main server data directory
Step 1: Firstly, launch Plex Media Server on your device.
Step 2: From the sidebar, choose Plugins options.
Step 3: After that, click on WebTools from the list of plugins installed.
Step 4: Now, you will see a URL. Just type the same on the web browser – for instance, http://10.1.11.2:88600.
Step 5: Choose the Unsupported AppStore option on the main page.
Step 6: On the next screen, navigate further to click on YouTube channel.
Step 7: Finally, you should hit the Install option to get the YouTube app on Plex.
Step 8: Authorize your Google Account to access YouTube on Plex.
Step 9: Now, a code will be shown. Click on the link here to enter the code.
Note: Make sure you have logged in to Google account on any device.
Step 10: Finally, You can access YouTube channel on Plex and stream your favourite contents.
Plex is available for
- How to install Plex on Roku [Quick Guide 2020]
- How to make Plex Login and Sign Up [Complete Guide]
- Download Plex for Mac [Latest Version]
- How to Stream Plex on WebOS [LG Smart TV 2020]
- How to stream Plex on PS4/PS3 [Direct Method]
- How to Install Plex for Apple TV and Watch [Guide]
- Plex for Samsung Devices (Smartphone/ Smart TV)
- Plex for iOS – iPad/iPhone Download [New Version]
- How to Install Plex on Firestick/Fire TV [Complete Guide]
- How to use Plex on Chromecast [via Smartphone/PC]
To Sum Up
Besides arranging media files, you can use the Plex app and install YouTube as a plugin to stream videos online.
Hope the instruction given here in this article about YouTube on Plex is useful to you. In case of any further queries, comment us below.