Viber Messenger is a secure chat and calling app owned by Rakuten, a Japanese multinational company. It enables users to make free calls and send text, picture, and video messages to other Viber users around the world. Viber offers end-to-end encryption for all one-on-one calls, chats, and group conversations. Users can send files of all kinds, including photos, 55,000 stickers, GIFs, and videos. You can also send disappearing messages and set a timer to read the message for 10 seconds, 1 minute, or up to 1 day. Those who have the Viber Out subscription can make low-cost international calls to landlines or mobile phones. Let’s look at the various methods for installing Viber on a dual-sim phone.
How to Get Viber on Dual Sim Phone
If you’re using the Viber app on an Android device with dual sim support, you can change the phone number by following the steps stated below.
Step 1: Make sure to install Viber on an Android device.
Step 2: Open the Viber app and click on the Continue button to proceed.
Step 3: Click on the drop-down menu to choose the country code and enter the phone number. Click on Continue to activate a Viber account.
Step 4: A verification code will be sent to the registered phone number and your device will auto-detect for activation.
Step 5: When the Viber app prompts for permissions, click on Allow button.
Note: Proceed from Step 6 to change the phone number of your old Viber account.
Step 6: Now, click More (hamburger menu) at the bottom of the screen and select the Settings option.
Step 7: Click on the Account option from the list of settings.
Step 8: Click Change Phone number.
Step 9: Tap Continue under the New phone number section to change the phone number.
Step 10: Click Continue when the Viber app prompts for sending a notification to other Viber app users that you have changed your number.
Step 11: Provide the new number and select the country code of the new number from the drop-down list. Click on Continue.
Note: Make sure to enter a valid phone number that you have on your device.
Step 12: A verification code will be sent to the new phone number and that will be auto-detected as stated before.
How to Retrieve Viber Account Data
It is clear from the preceding method that you are changing an existing Viber account from one number to another on the same device. As a result, the data, Viber chat, contacts, and public accounts list will be automatically retrieved on the new phone.
How to Use Two Viber Accounts in One Phone
Parallel Space is an application that helps to manage two user accounts on a single Android device. This way users can simultaneously use two Viber accounts on one device. Follow the instructions to do the same,
1. Download Parallel Space from the Google Play Store.
2. Once installed, launch the Parallel Space on your phone.
3. Create a dual space for Viber by clicking the + button.
4. That’s it! A Secondary Viber app is created on your phone.
Now you can log in with another mobile number on the secondary app and use two Viber accounts instantly.
Viber is also Available
- Viber for Tablet [Android/ iPad/ Windows]
- Viber Friends [How to Search/ Connect/ Chat]
- How to Install Viber on Dual Sim Phone
- Viber For Mac Download [2021 Latest Version]
- Viber For Business [Setup Guide 2022]
- Viber for Chromebook Updated Version Download
- Viber for Symbian Device Download
- Viber for iOS/ iPhone/ iPad Latest Version Download
- Viber for Linux/Ubuntu App Download Free
- Viber for Nokia – Java/ Windows/ Android OS Download
- Viber Apk for Android [Download Latest Version]
- Viber for PC/ Laptop Windows 7, 8.1, 10, 11 – 32/64 bit
- Viber for BlackBerry Latest Version Free Download